Page with the Indiana State Senate
The Indiana Senate Page Program is an interactive educational experience for students in grades 6-12 to learn about state government.
Senate pages have the opportunity to:
- Tour Indiana’s historical Statehouse, including the House and Senate Chambers, the Supreme Court, and the Governor’s Office.
- Observe the legislative session directly from the floor of the Senate, listening to debates on important policy issues.
- Meet and assist senators with age-appropriate tasks.
Senate Page Program Details
Indiana law allows Hoosier students to serve as a Senate Page one day per legislative session and receive an excused absence from school.
- Senate Pages are scheduled for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays during the legislative session. Large groups may schedule page visits on Wednesdays.
- Pages should plan to arrive at the Senate Page office between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. for registration and orientation. Pages will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
- Pages have a supervised lunch in the Government Center cafeteria. Pages should plan to buy lunch in the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch. Parents and guardians over 18 years old can sign out a page for lunch or the page must have a Page Office consent form signed by the parent
Apply for the Senate Page Program
Applications to be a Senate Page for the next Legislative Session will open on December 1st.
General Request Information:
- Requests must include the parent/legal guardian’s contact information, emergency contact information, the student’s name, age and grade level, and school.
- All siblings and friends who wish to serve as Senate Pages on the same day should indicate this request on the applications. Each person must fill out a separate application.
- Online applications may be submitted beginning on December 1st. Page requests can also be mailed c/o your senator to 200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204
- The Senate Page Office will mail a schedule letter to each page in approximately a week after the page submits their application. It will contain all the forms needed to serve as a page.
Senate Page Program Forms
The following completed forms are required for each Senate Page:
- Senate Page Program Overview and Guidelines
- Senate Page Contact Information
- Senate Page Dismissal Release Form
- Senate Page Photograph Release Form
Learn More about the Indiana State Senate
To contact the Senate Page Office call (317) 232-9410.