Page with the Indiana State Senate
The Indiana Senate Page Program is an interactive educational experience for students in grades 6-12 to learn about state government.
Senate pages have the opportunity to:
- Tour Indiana’s historical Statehouse, including the House and Senate Chambers, the Supreme Court, and the Governor’s Office.
- Observe the legislative session directly from the floor of the Senate, listening to debates on important policy issues.
- Meet and assist senators with age-appropriate tasks.
Senate Page Program Details
Indiana law allows Hoosier students to serve as a Senate Page one day per legislative session and receive an excused absence from school.
- Senate Pages are scheduled for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays during the legislative session. Large groups may schedule page visits on Wednesdays.
- Pages should plan to arrive at the Senate Page office between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. for registration and orientation. Pages will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
- Pages have a supervised lunch in the Government Center cafeteria. Pages should plan to buy lunch in the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch. Parents and guardians over 18 years old can sign out a page for lunch or the page must have a Page Office consent form signed by the parent
Apply for the Senate Page Program
Applications to be a Senate Page for the next Legislative Session will open on December 1st.
2023 Page Program Application – Application Closed
General Request Information:
- Requests must include the parent/legal guardian’s contact information, emergency contact information, the student’s name, age and grade level, and school.
- All siblings and friends who wish to serve as Senate Pages on the same day should indicate this request on the applications. Each person must fill out a separate application.
- Online applications may be submitted beginning on December 1st. Page requests can also be mailed c/o your senator to 200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204
- The Senate Page Office will mail a schedule letter to each page in approximately a week after the page submits their application. It will contain all the forms needed to serve as a page.
Senate Page Program Forms
The following completed forms are required for each Senate Page:
- Senate Page Program Overview and Guidelines
- Senate Page Contact Information
- Senate Page Dismissal Release Form
- Senate Page Photograph Release Form
Learn More about the Indiana State Senate
Indiana General Assembly Website
Senate Republican Caucus Website
Senate Democrat Caucus Website
To contact the Senate Page Office call (317) 232-9410.